The 36th Annual
Independence Day Classic
5K and 10K Run/Walk
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Are strollers allowed on the race course?
A: Strollers are allowed for those participating in the run/walk and are required to begin at the back of the start to not impeded faster runners.
- Q: Can a child ride a bicycle along side or with an adult who is running in the race?
A: No, for the safety of all participants we cannot have bicycles on the course.
- Q: Can I receive a refund if I register and I am not able to run in the race?
A: No, all entries are final and no refunds can be given. Entries can be downgraded (e.g. from the 10K to the 5K) or upgraded (from the 5K to the 10K) by paying the difference in entry fee.
- Leashed pets are welcome in the park as spectators but for the safety of all are not allowed on the race courses
- Wearing of headphones and earbuds is discouraged on the race course for the safety of all runners and to hear instructions